- How to customize the Firefox Web Console output
- Web Console improvements, episode 30
- Three years with Mozilla, and counting
- The Browser Console is replacing the Error Console
- Web Console improvements and the new Browser Console
- Web Console changes in new Firefox versions
Article published on: 22 June 2009, 01:29
Since my previous blog post I have been doing lots of changes under the hood. Lots of them broke PaintWeb badly and made it unusable for about two weeks - sorry for the lack of updates.
Now PaintWeb is back in a better shape and close to being complete. Here's the list of changes:
- new user interface.
- some new icons and a new PaintWeb logo.
- keyboard shortcuts work for all tools and commands properly - no issues like in previous PaintWeb trunk builds.
- lots of new API for registering new tools, extensions and commands into PaintWeb.
- I changed the entrance to PaintWeb. Now users have to load a demo page which has minimal code for integrating PaintWeb.
- made the Text tool to work in Opera 9+ and Firefox 3.0 as well. Unfortunately, there are some Opera-related bugs in the Text tool - changes might come.
- rendering shadows works again in browsers which have support for it (Chrome, Firefox 3.5, Safari, Konqueror).
- changed the selection marquee - now it's a nice dashed border.
- added the option to crop the image to the size of the current selection.
- several bug fixes related to editing huge images (say 6000 x 6000 pixels).
- lots of other bug fixes and minor changes.
With all that I have completed the code reorganization and I have almost completed the implementation of the new GUI. This week I am working on the updated color mixer, after which I will work on the PaintWeb packaging scripts.
Anyone is welcome to provide me with feedback, suggestions, and bug reports. Thank you!
Send me a comment
Any comments are welcome! No field is required, except the message itself. If you want me to reply, include your email address.
Comments will not be displayed in this page! This form only sends your message to me.